2017 Concord Arts Market Vendor Information
What To Expect: Outdoor selling is fun, exciting, and a great way to meet your audience face to face. It is also rain or shine, and there are NO early departures. Some weeks you may sell very well, some weeks, nothing. We want you to understand what you're signing up for when you sign up. That said, it's also a great way to network, and for many artists and artisans, a great way to sell. Our goal is to provide the highest quality event at the smallest possible cost to participants. We seek to offer a variety of quality artisan crafts and fine art, that a broad audience can enjoy. That may, by default, result in limits to some categories, depending on who has applied for that season or for that date. Please take a close look at the information below, and contact us if you have any questions.
- Artists and craftspeople of all types are welcomed to apply.
- You must be the creator of the work you are selling.
- No imports, no resellers, and no vintage/antiques at this time.
Concord Main St. businesses: Main St. businesses may request space at the market for promotional purposes at no cost, as space allows. Please contact us for more information. Promoting downtown Concord is one of our primary missions.
Community-focused groups, non-profits or educational groups: You may request booth space to promote community-focused programs and activities. Space will be offered free of charge as space allows.
Students: Students artists and artisans may participate at a student rate ($25/date). Student ID card must be provided.
Dates for Summer and Fall 2017: All market dates at 1 Bicentennial Square in Concord, NH, from 9am to 3pm unless otherwise indicated)
Summer and Fall 2017 Dates
(all market dates at 1 Bicentennial Square, Concord, NH, 9am to 3pm, unless otherwise indicated)
Summer/Fall 2017 Dates
- 6/3, 6/10, 6/17
- Market Days Festival 6/22-6/24 - (Sold Out- Wait list consideration only) Cost for Three day event $155 (after acceptance, an invoice will be sent to you), hours 10AM to 8pm, location on Pleasant St.)
- 7/1, 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29
- 8/5, 8/12, 8/19, 8/26
- 9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30
Times: The market runs from 9AM to 3PM on most scheduled dates excluding special event weekends. However, the vendor set-up begins at 7am. You will receive a setup time with instructions prior to your setup, each week that you participate. Set up times are intentionally staggered in order to prevent traffic jams, so knowing your set-up time is important. Typical set up times are 7am, 7:30am and 8am.
How To Apply: To apply to participate in Concord Arts Market, fill out the online application form: APPLICATION FORM. Your application will be reviewed by our selection committee and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Please understand that at certain times of year we receive a HIGH volume of email. However, we don't mind you writing to check in.
- The booth fee is $45/date/10x10 space.
- Once you have been notified of acceptance, and your dates confirmed, send payment to reserve your dates.
- If you reserve five or more paid dates in advance, your booth fee is $40/date/10x10 space.
- Student rate is $25 per 10x10 space with student ID provided.
- Up to two vendors may share a space and split that booth fee.
- Your dates ARE NOT RESERVED until your payment has been received.
- You have two options for pre-payment: online or by check. See below for information for both options:
TO PAY BY CHECK:
$25 will be charged for all returned checks.
Make your check payable to:
Mail it to:
PO BOX 172
TO PAY ONLINE:
Reserve Your Market Dates Online (after acceptance):
To reserve additional dates beyond 10 (after acceptance):
Tables, Tents, Displays, Weights:
- You provide your own tent, table or any other displays. There will be none available to rent at the event.
- You must also provide weights for your tent--AT LEAST 25 LBS PER TENT LEG, clearly anchored/attached to your tent by sturdy means, not resting on the feet of your tent.
- Tents weights are critical, not-negotiable and it is REQUIRED. New England weather is not predictable. One gust of wind and a tent can fly—into a car windshield, into another vendor’s tent, into the street potentially causing an accident, into a person, causing injury or worse. Many commercial tent makers manufacture weights specifically for this purpose. Please contact us for more information about weights if you are unsure of how to address this issue - there are many low cost ways to make it happen.
- If you do not bring the required weights, with you, with appropriate tethering, you will be asked to remedy the situation prior to the opening of the market, and you will be asked to dismantle your tent until the necessary weights arrive. If you are unable to procure them prior to the market opening time for that day, you will need to leave. There are no refunds should this situation arise. It's just too important to make exceptions.
THE GOOD NEWS? THERE ARE MANY INEXPENSIVE WAYS TO WEIGHT YOUR TENT. Contact us if you have questions. Cancellations/Weather Policy:
There are no refunds given for no-shows. The success of the market is dependent on the commitment of participating artists, to the event, and to fellow artists. As of 2009, our policy is officially Rain or Shine.
However, in the event of potentially dangerous weather conditions in the forecast, please check the market website or FB page after 6:30AM to confirm whether the market will proceed on that day. We take safety very seriously. We will not issue refunds on such dates--alas, we cannot control the weather--but we are happy to offer a credit for a future market date.
Early Departure: Early departure from the market is NOT allowed. If you do have an emergency arise and need to leave early, please notify market staff immediately so that arrangements can be made. The success of the market depends on the commitment of the participating artists. Additionally, the liability issues created by moving vehicles and displays while the venue is open to the public create a hazard to the event and other participants as well as the public.
Location: We are located at Bicentennial Square, in downtown Concord, NH, behind Margaritas and around the corner from the Granite State Candy shop. If you are using GPS, you can enter 1 Bicentennial Square, or 13 Warren St.
All of our selection committee members are creators themselves, who truly appreciate the work that goes into each creation shared with them. Each of them is also a past or current participant in our market, as a vendor.